Monday, May 21, 2007

Ways to Sleep

It has been 7 months and 1 week since Chloe came into this world and many countless nights that we have had figureing out how to make Chloe the most comfortable for sleeping. I admit I went a little overboard in the beginning.

For the first four and a half months I swaddled her in these swaddle wraps (greatest invention ever). Swaddled her in a blanket. Placed her swaddled inside a sleep sack and then laid her in a wedge. She wasn't going to be moving as far as I was concerned.

Then along the way, we lost the swaddle wraps and the blanket swaddling. We were left with sleeping in her sack and in the wedge. Well now we are going to be saying good bye to the wedge. Saturday morning I went in to get her and she was out of the wedge which was at the bottom of her crib. She was on her belly and up against the side rails.

I'm still going to start my night out by placing her in the wedge and if she moves out of it during the night so be it. I will feel better knowing she is asleep in her bed, on her back and in her wedge.

Guess we can't keep them non mobile forever.

No comments: