Monday, December 10, 2007

Fourteen Month New Development

I can't believe my baby is 14 months old. I really wish I could slow down time and just enjoy these final baby/toddle stages. While I'm anxious for her to be able to more of the fun things we do with Cleis , Chloe sure is at a cute age.

Chloe has mastered the walking and is off and running with excitement. She is very developed in her fine motor skills.

Reading - Oh my goodness, we can't read to this child enough. The child loves to be read too and I can't complain about this habit. Her favorite books right now are pop-up books and mostly ones about animals.

Blocks & Shape sorter - Awhile back I went ahead and got the blocks out not knowing if Chloe would have any interest or not. Well, I'm glad I did. Not only does she like dumping them out, she is also good at picking them up and putting them back in the bucket. She also likes to stack them and give them a good whack. Sissy helps too, and will stack them up for her to come and knock over. Chloe gets a good laugh out of this.

Another toy she has surprised me in playing with is the shape sorter. Now this is the traditional shape sorter that were around when I was wee little one. It's the red/blue circle pull toy from Tupperware with the yellow shapes. Chloe is excellent in picking up the shape and placing it in hole. She laughs with such delight and is so proud. If she isn't bringing you a book to read she is bringing you this to sit and do shapes with her.

Plays peek-a-boo with others and self. This is a sign of sleepy too. She will often play peek a boo with herself when she is tired but isn't quite ready to give it up yet and go off to sleepy land.

Dancing - Chloe is beginning to show an interest in music and moving to the sound. She also has her own little trait of getting her groove on. She holds her right arm out in a horizontal 90 degree and does her little dance. We'll do our best to get this captured and post a video of this. It's something you must see.

Teeth - Oh my goodness, Chloe has a full mouth of teeth. Chloe began teething early and it hasn't stopped. I'm not very good in dental developments but she has all four front and bottom teeth. She has all four molars and all four Canine (cuspid) have made their appearance or are making their way through. The Canine have been the worst, we dealt with an ear infection for almost 3 weeks and a very fussy baby during their arrivals.

Just an update to some new developments.

No comments: