Friday, April 11, 2008

Check Up time Eighteen months

Yesterday we took Chloe in for her 18 month check up and once again we received a great report. She is on target or ahead for her milestones. She's doing a wonderful job growing. She is about the same as last time on her growth chart, 90th percentile for height at 33 in., 50th percentile for weight at 24 lbs, 8ozs.



An update on some of the things she is doing and enjoying these days.

Her latest new task is pulling her chair over to the sink or to the cabinet drawers, climbing up into her seat, by herself, and either playing in the water at the sink (turns water on herself) or taking all the silverware (including knives) out of the drawer and playing (I call it making a mess!) She is quite the handful and keeps me busy.



Chloe's vocabulary has really taken off in the last two months. I had told myself I would write down every new word she said but of course I have not done that. So hopefully I can catch up here and have it all documented.

Her words include, Doh-doh (yogurt), shuice (juice), bach (black), baby, toes, happy, Da*dE (Daddy), dog, mama, keese (Cleis), ball, up (up & open), hat, cat, mop, ant, ice I know she has more but of course I'm forgetting them.

She knows her body parts, eyes, nose, ears, mouth, hair, belly, toes.
She surprises me on her animal sounds, the first one learned was wolf and it was hilarious. I wish we had gotten it on video but we were lazy and missed it. The next one was monkey and I think we did get this on video. She does sheep, dog, and snake for now.

She is using her signs, she does bath which she has always used since she was little. She now does, more, all finished, yes, and bird. We are working on thank you, & eat.

We've been working on ABC's and I have to share because she just amazed the heck out of me. It's day one and we are on about our third go around, Chloe says Ant, she had learned the A card already. On day two, we come to the letter G, before I could get to the H card, Chloe burst out hat. The H card has a hat on it and she knew it came after G. Amazed. Next we come to M, it's mop and she says mop and then bop. Amazed, she made a rhyme.

It has been a worry of mine that I wouldn't be able to give the second one as much time and she would be behind but when I write this it lets me know I'm doing just fine and so is Chloe.

No comments: