Sunday, March 4, 2007

Rollin, Rollin, Rollin


Another milestone achieved!

Yesterday was a very busy day for the Newell family so I'm not sure how Chloe squeezed her roll over into her day, but she did. She had spent most of her day in her car seat or was being held.

During one of our stops at home I laid her down on her tummy and stepped away for 3 minutes to pack her cereal. When I came back she was on her back and had started her music on her Leap Start toy. I immediately got excited that she had finally rolled over. I also had a bit of disappointment because I did not see her achieve her first roll over. Then I thought maybe Cleis put her on her back and started her music, so off I went to check with Cleis that she had not put Chloe on her back. She said she did not.


After this Chloe had an audience to witness her next roll over. We waited, we encouraged, we cheered and we backed away. NOTHING!!!! It was time for us to go and continue with our errands so we all packed up and headed back out.


Much later in the evening I put her back on her blanket, tummy side down. Cleis and I were sitting there next to her playing Legos and watching Baby Einstein waiting for the moment to happen. Finally she raised herself up and a push there was and she was on her back. Cleis and I screamed with excitement, congratulated Chloe and Cleis ran to tell her Daddy.


What a big day for Chloe. Yeah, Chloe!!!

No comments: