Monday, March 19, 2007

Tune of B-I-N-G-O

When Cleis was only a few weeks old and taking a bath in her baby tub I started spelling her name to her to the tune of B-I-N-G-O. It went something like,

There was a little girl, who's name was Cleis Olivia, C-L-E-I-S, C-L-E-I-S, C-L-E-I-S and Cleis is her name-o.

There was a little girl, who lives on (street name), C-L-E-I-S, C-L-E-I-S, C-L-E-I-S and Cleis is her name-o.

This became a bath time ritual and added to the many songs we would sing during bath time. As she became older we would sing it at other times throughout the day. Now did this help her spell her name early? I don't know. However, I did find it interesting that earlier today she was in her room drawing and coloring and I heard her spelling her name to the tune of B-I-N-G-O. So something must have stuck.

Since I believe this has made an impression on Cleis I will begin doing the same for Chloe. Tonight at bath time I started Chloe on her B-I-N-G-O journey and she loved every minute of it. Full of smiles the entire time and even a laugh or two. Possibly in a couple of years I will hear Chloe spelling her name to the tune.

No comments: